5/02/2009

Famous Dalai Lama Quotes

"I decided that my being should be dedicated to something useful for others. One of my favourite prayers says "So long as space remains.. So long as sentient beings suffer and remain.. I will remain in order to serve". This gives me a lot of comfort. This is the meaning of my life."
Dalai Lama

"I feel that the essence of spiritual practice is your attitude toward others. When you have a pure, sincere motivation, then you have right attitude toward others based on kindness, compassion, love and respect."
Dalai Lama

"When I meet people in different parts of the world, I am always reminded that we are all basically alike: we are all human beings. Maybe we have different clothes, our skin is of a different colour, or we speak different languages. That is on the surface. But basically, we are the same human beings."
Dalai Lama

"The realization that we are all basically the same human beings who seek happiness and try to avoid suffering is very helpful in developing a sense of brotherhood and sisterhood; a warm feeling of love and compassion for others."
Dalai Lama

"When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us. When our community is in a state of peace, it can share that peace with neighbouring communities, and so on."
Dalai Lama

"If you have a sincere and open heart, you naturally feel self-worth and confidence, and there is no need to be fearful of others."
Dalai Lama

"I am a simple Buddhist monk.. no more, no less."
Dalai Lama

"When we feel love and kindness towards others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace. And there are ways in which we can consciously work to develop feelings of love and kindness."
Dalai Lama

"When I die that's permanent retirement."
Dalai Lama

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz